I started this shawl maybe 2 years ago. Then we moved and well I always saw it, but was never motivated to finish it. Until I decided it was time to finish some projects I had been working on. I picked this up and dedicated a lot of time to finishing it.
Pattern : Celestarium by Audry Nicklin
I used one skein of Hedgehog fibres in the club color Nebula along with some cashmere I dyed black with a slight blue and pink tint in places. I alternated between the two yarns randomly. I also used 4 colors of beads based on the star intensity. For stars brightest in our sky I used mostly silver with a few gold beads alternating (about 3 silver to 1 gold bead). For stars a bit dimmer I used a teal bead (I liked the color!) and then for the dimmest of stars I used red beads. I forgot to put the star in the middle of the shawl (sigh).
Well when I was almost done I thought : this isn't going to be large enough. Sooooo I added a border. I found a pattern online and forgot to write down the name, but the pattern is on my Ravelry page.
I almost wanted to add beads to each point in the border, but was I ever ready to be done with this....so I didn't! I am very happy with how this shawl turned out. It is lovely and huge. My son wants it for himself because he loves space and recently we woke up him at night to see the blood moon with his telescope. So when I finished this he said "mom did you make this for me!" and I replied "someday it will be yours".
Mother, dyer, knitter, and gamer.